Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Factory Fly In June 2024

Default Re: Kitfox Factory Fly In June 2024

For anyone looking for housing at the fly-in, there is an AirBNB house about a mile south of the factory, near the intersection of West Pioneer Rd and Industrial Road. I originally rented it but can't make it to the fly-in this year so it's available.

It has two bedrooms, one with a queen and one with a double and is set up for four occupants. Nice looking place.

The cost is $648 for three nights including the cleaning and service fees.

The host, Melissa, is very easy to work with.

Hope it works out for someone at the fly-in - have fun!

Rich

Here's the link:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/48135925?search_mode=regular_search&check_in=2024-06-20&check_out=2024-06-23&source_impression_id=p3_1717900807_P3u9P9phNoey cMLG&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_sea rch_id=d875e742-11bc-4cf0-9de1-e298723bb8ee

Rich Cunningham
    N4449 - Model IV Speedster
    912 UL Zippered up to 100 hp

Fill water tank - Check
    Load trailer - Check

Almost ready to go... we will start the 2621 mile drive next Friday morning. Looking forward to putting some faces to names.

loaded.jpgmap.jpg
    Mike Davis
    Fairbanks, AK
    Kitfox Series 7 SS (received kit on 18 April 2023) N967MD reserved
    Rotax 916iS received, still waiting on MTV-6-R propeller
    Build log - https://n967md.dcsol.com
    Murphy Moose #195 (sold)
    1968 C150H still flying regularly
    Quicksilver MX built and registered as experimental (destroyed in wind storm)

Mike I think you will get the award for the longest traveled!
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos

I have arrived in Homedale. 5 days of driving! I?m ready to be in one spot for a few days.
    Mike Davis
    Fairbanks, AK
    Kitfox Series 7 SS (received kit on 18 April 2023) N967MD reserved
    Rotax 916iS received, still waiting on MTV-6-R propeller
    Build log - https://n967md.dcsol.com
    Murphy Moose #195 (sold)
    1968 C150H still flying regularly
    Quicksilver MX built and registered as experimental (destroyed in wind storm)

Save me a camp spot! Departing AZ at first light. Should be there by Lunch. See y?all soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFairbanks View Post
    I have arrived in Homedale. 5 days of driving! I?m ready to be in one spot for a few days.
    Riverfox SS7 with Bunker Buster Cargo Pod

Smile Re: Kitfox Factory Fly In June 2024

IMG_9325.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

40th anniversary limited addition.
    Thanks Joe Gallager for letting me have ?40? to match my N number.😀👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

30 plus Kitfox aircraft in attendance. 100 or more folks. 24 aircraft joined in the back country fly-out . Gotta be a record. All returned safely and all aircraft were reusable.
    IMG_4664.jpg.
    The new factory Speedster unveiled sporting a Rotax 916. Sweet aircrft.

IMG_9400.jpg
    Brandon demonstrates installing Kitfox Aircraft's wire harness for an all Garmin avionics package. Very quick and very complete install from the firewall back to the tail including all three auto-pilot servo connections, both types of headset jacks, lighting wires, magnetometer, ect.
    Makes any builder a wiring master and save so so much time and everything works when you fire up your beautiful Garmin panel.

IMG_9399.jpg
    The very start of the wire harness install.

IMG_9332.jpg
    Joe Gallager had a new belly pod. 100 lbs capacity right on the center of gravity. Nice job Joe.
    IMG_9396.jpg
    Just a few of the attending Kirfox?.
    IMG_9336.jpg
    IMG_9367.jpg
    Ty?s model 4 sporting a new gear install.👍👍

IMG_9386.jpg
    Jim?s sweet Kitfox.

IMG_9339.jpg
    Caught Mic heading out to refuel before the Saturday backcountry fly out. Great to see you again Mic and so many other friends.
    Got to meet so many new builders and owners this fly in Makes me feel real good about the future of our favorite aircraft with so many younger enthusiasts among our ranks now. The appeal of this design is as strong as ever and the workmanship improves so much every year.

IMG_9381.jpg
    George flew in from California in his model 4 that I was rel familiar with in the past. Great to meet you George. Enjoy every flight.

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9390.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9382.jpg

IMG_9378.jpg

IMG_9393.jpg

IMG_9392.jpg

IMG_9385.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

A very big thank you goes out to John and Debra for their hospitality at this fun event and to their staff that worked along side them to make it a huge success. They arranged for Brad from Garmin to put on an informative presentation on all Garmin products.
    PPG paints gave a talk about the lines of paint used on our aircraft.
    Nate and Ashlee from AeroLEDs were in attendance and answered many builders questions
    along with Nate?s presentation to the gathering.
    Rotax was very well represented and Nino and Eddie gave a good presentation on their engines with focus on the 916 and the 915 models. Amazing engines.
    Sorry if you are reading this and could not attend this event this year. It was one to remember even with the increasing temperatures reaching the 100 degree mark. We had great conversations, factory tours, fly outs, incredible food, fabric seminars, vender presentations, camping, a wiring demonstration, hats, t-shirts, the whole works. Oh and beautiful aircraft everywhere.
    Thanks to all who attended either by flying in or driving. Mike and his wife drove 5 days from Fairbanks. It was fun flying with you Mike.
    Mike wasn?t the only attendee from Alaska. So many drove in and thank you all. John said he has never seen so many cars in the parking lot.
    Marc Cook from Kitplanes magazine was in attendance and it was a pleasure to spend time with him. Thanks Marc. Hope to see you again soon.
    A big thank you to Tim, who worked for many hours at his Napa hangar watching over many pork butts on his barbecue so we could have a great dinner Saturday evening to cap off the entire event. Tim builds beautiful airplanes also. A man of many talents.
    Hope to see you all again in two years.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I would like to add my thanks to John, Debra, Brandon, Heather and the whole team for a wonderful event this year.
    The food and socializing was excellent, but I especially enjoyed the flyouts Friday and Saturday. The redrock canyon flying on Friday was the highlight for me. Saturday's highlight was the incredibly beautiful grass strips we landed in the Sawtooth area, just like parks.
    Thanks again Kitfox team.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Big thanks to Jason for guiding us on the fly outs and just being cool with us out-of-towners. Also big shout out to John n Jen for introducing us to Pirates Booty!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Riverfox SS7 with Bunker Buster Cargo Pod

BTW, how is Brandon doing?

Rick