Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 912UL for sale

Default Rotax 912UL for sale

Early model Rotax 912 80hp engine for sale. S/N 4005331 mfg date 09/1992. 906 hours total time. Was on a Kitfox Speedster from 2006 till last year. I installed a brand new engine to replace it. Would be a good project engine as it’s time to go through it.

Located in Phoenix……..$3000 OBO
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS

Default Re: Rotax 912UL for sale

What prompted you to replace it?
    Do you have any other parts that might go with it? (mount, prop, etc.)
    I presently have a 582 but am thinking about upgrading.

Default Re: Rotax 912UL for sale

The engine has been very reliable. However, it’s never been opened up since new (32 years!). Last year I was getting ready to retire and wanted to install a new engine. My grandkids fly with me most of the time and I wanted to get all the benefits of a new motor. The old Rotax engines are really quite different from the new ones plus, I just wanted new! The #4 cylinder started spitting oil out the exhaust (most likely from the valves) due to the wonderful 🤬leaded fuel that that we use. If someone cleans up the heads/valves and does a gearbox inspection, probably a new water pump, this engine will be good for another 32 years!😂. The pistons and cylinders rarely wear out on these engines…….compression is good.

I have no other mounting parts….just the motor. You can source a firewall forward kit from Kitfox I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Russell320; 03-27-2024 at 09:31 AM.
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS