Thanks for the advice and the welcome. Fantastic that other owners are reaching out already with advice and just to say g'day. I really appreciate that people who have finished their builds and are flying still come onto the forums and offer advice.

I am in no rush to get my avionics and given I've got around two years before my kit will even come off the production line, I'll be keen to see how avionics evolve and what my options are when I'm ready to install it. Expect more requests for advice when that time comes!

Got some quotes back for a Rotax 916is from the local supplier and it is around $75k AUD...about the same price as a whole brand-new Tesla here! Scott has been kind enough to reach out and offered some advice and given what I've learnt from the forums and the great responses to my first forum post, I think I'm going to want something a little more beefy than 100hp. Time to double-down on the saving plan!

I'll keep scheming and day-dreaming for now and thanks again y'all for the welcome and advice.

Tim