G'day TeamKitfoxers.

My name is Tim, and I just placed an order for a Series 7 Super Sport that I plan on building and flying from Brisbane, Australia.

I've spent a lot of time browsing this excellent selection of forums and have been absolutely fascinated (and very jealous) whilst following some of the builds. I was also inspired by the great YouTube content on builds including FarmFox, Kingfox, 7KiloFox and Project Kitfox. I'm very excited to be on the path to Kitfox ownership, though I don't have a cool name for my project yet....

My plan is for a fairly standard build. Spring landing gear with 26" tyres, the hinged turtle deck and T3 tailwheel spring. I'm intending on using Garmin avionics consisting of a GDU460 10.6" screen along with ADSB in/out, dual comms (maybe remote, maybe panel mounted) and two-axis autopilot. I'm pretty sure I'll drop a Rotax engine up front, likely a 912iS but the lure of more horses may be too hard to resist; I'm just not sure if a turbo will be worth the extra dollars given most of my flying will be sub-5000' pressure-altitude. I've got no idea about props - maybe that's a decision I'll make once I've settled on an engine.

I look forward to posting my build updates and posing questions when I get stuck. I don't anticipate my kit will get here until early 2026 so I guess I've got a lot of time to read through everyone else's posts and hopefully learn from how other builders overcame similar challenges.

I'd like to give a big shout-out to Ross (@rossir) for his advice so far. That little bit of reassurance has helped convince me that I'm in for a great adventure! Thanks also to the other Aussie builders and owners who have posted here, particularly with info on shipping of kits and parts to this side of the globe.

Guess it may be some time before I'm back on here with an update, but I'd sure appreciate any advice, particularly on engine and prop options for Australian operations where there aren't many big hills.

Tim