Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Does anyone have info on the model 5 crash in Arizona on Friday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Does anyone have info on the model 5 crash in Arizona on Friday?

Preliminary investigation has revealed that a blade separated from the propeller causing engine separation, and loss of control. The propeller was a two blade ground adjustable NR unit from Ukraine installed on a 160hp Lycoming.
    Ken was a good friend, a terrible loss for his family, and all of his friends.

Oh that’s too bad! Hopefully we can get more info as lots are running the NR props.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

I have a NR prop on each of my Kitfox 4s. Both have the 912 Rotax for power, and I would think the Lycoming with it's direct drive puts much more stress on the prop than the Rotax. So hopefully there is no issue with the vast majoritiy of NR props. Sad for Ken though none the less. JImChuk

Lots of variables I am sure. Carbon does not do well in the sun, and hours are definitely a factor. Sad deal to lose a fellow kitfoxer because of something that should not be a worry. I always have in the back of my mind, may lose and engine, but never a prop?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!