Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotec Radial

Default Rotec Radial

I'm enjoying building a SuperSport with a Rotec Radial 2800. I would appreciate any advice or discussion on the installation of this engine. I recently fabricated the oil tank as a two-part tank to accomodate the volume specs.
    Don

Default Rotec 2800

I am looking hard at the Rotec 2800 for my Super Sport. Can you give any info how it fits with the round cowl, problems with the install and anything else you feel someone should know?

Default We need pictures!

I can assure you that there's a LOT of people who would LOVE to see good pics of what you're up to. Please consider posting a Photo Album so the rest of us can appreciate what you're doing.
    Randy Lervold
    TeamKitfox.com Admin Emeritus
    Day job: www.dynonavionics.com

Default Re: Rotec Radial

Here are a few pictures with the radial...
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more...

And a few more with the Rotec R2800

Radials do drop a bit of oil, require hand propping before start up, belch smoke and burble to life at start up that’s true. But hey I wouldn’t want to have it any other way!

I could not find any of Kitfoxes, but I found plenty on utube of the same engine type. I don’t think the airframe would change the sound much.

Here's a couple of "in work" photos of my Rotec installation. The panel on the left side is for the related equipment installations; filters, regulator, pumps, ignition, etc. The right side and top is the oil tank.....fun project.

Another update on progress. The oil system is completed and working. I am using the starter to turn the engine for corrosion control. No spark plugs with a charged battery is getting about 50psi to the engine. Oil is being returned to the upper tank with the mechanical scavange pump and the electric scavange pump. Also, I am able to measure tank oil quantity using a capacitance probe made for fuel; it works with oil also. -- Don

Talking Re: Rotec Radial

SaintAero

I see you are in Granbury Texas. I would like to see you project. I live in the Dallas Metroplex, and have been contemplating a Kitfox.

Paul Z