Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need info on performance

Default Need info on performance

I am new to the forum and currently looking at a model 4-1200 with a 583 Rotax engine. the plan is not completely finished. I tried to locate some threads on the forum talking about the performance of the 583 but did not find what i was looking for. I guess I would like to know what people that fly a KF with the 583 feel, is it under powered? what kind of usefull load do they have, I live in AZ. and wonder about the summer temps. Also any thoughts or issues I shouldwatch out for on this model? Any help is apreciated.

Default Re: Need info on performance

Marv,
    As I understand it, the 583 is a sled engine. Try searching for 582 information, I'd imagine you'll find something. Good luck!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Watch some youtoub videos from kitfoxflyr. He flys a 4 with the 582. If built light they will get off the ground just as fast as a 912 mod 4. They just don climb as good.

A question on the 583 that I had was...with the claimed "increase in horsepower" would there then be any torque issues that may need to be addressed in a modified engine mount? Not sure, just curious. I, as so others, appreciate the wealth of knowledge accessable on this site. Thanks guys, keep it up!! I love this stuff!!!
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!