Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 912 Engine install

Default Rotax 912 Engine install

while trying to install a Rotax 912 engine into my Kitfox IV the starting motor at the rear of the engine hits the firewall before the engine mounts can reach the engine attach tabs on the fuselage. Is there an easy fix or do i need to modify the fire wall by cutting part of it away and rework the firewall?
    Frustrated, Tommy

Default Re: Rotax 912 Engine install

I have a model 5 so I don't know, but a search on the subject brought this thread up. Note section E. Firewall. Hope it helps.

Other searches might yield more info.

Model IV - 582 to 912 conversion (teamkitfox.com)
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Default Re: Rotax 912 Engine install

This is what I did on mine. After it was done, I thought I could have stretched the firewall material instead of cutting a chunk out of it and putting in a separate piece that I pounded into shape. The way I did it was safer though. Didn't stand near as much chance of ruining the firewall. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images