Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Possible paint layout

Default Possible paint layout

I've been thinking about paint schemes and I have a preliminary idea. Putting this out there for comment. The turquoise needs a bit more blue in it, and the second color is a cream shade. And a shot of my inspiration!

kitfox side view close to turquoise.jpg kitfox top view close to turquoise.jpg
    Greg Anderson
    7SS in "production" : https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=ganderson
    Richland, WA

Default Re: Possible paint layout

Classic look and classic color combo. You have my vote!
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Definitely a cool idea. IMHO the design may be too close of a copy of the vette. Since the KF has different lines it might help to sweep towards the back into a point to follow the contour of the back half of the plane a little better. Might consider adding more flair to the horizontal stabilizer. My $.02.

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

I've thought about that, and I did a version of that a while ago, but didn't like what I came up with. I'll look into it again.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Greg Anderson
    Richland, WA

Curious to see your next render that follows the kitfox lines a bit more closely Though, if you decided to stick with this one, I wouldn't be too upset.

Very cool choice!

I really like it! Definitely an unusual scheme!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

My opinion is worth what you're paying for it, plus I'm of Scottish descent (creators of the bagpipes, haggis and men in wool skirts) so my creative talent is near zero.

It seems like your "side blade" as they refer to it on my car, it rotated clockwise too much. Also, if I were doing a hat tip to the early Corvette I might end the forward part at the cowl line, just as the car ends it at the front wheel well.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Quote Originally Posted by alexM View Post
    My opinion is worth what you're paying for it, plus I'm of Scottish descent (creators of the bagpipes, haggis and men in wool skirts) so my creative talent is near zero.

It seems like your "side blade" as they refer to it on my car, it rotated clockwise too much. Also, if I were doing a hat tip to the early Corvette I might end the forward part at the cowl line, just as the car ends it at the front wheel well.
    Yeah, it does look like it should be counter-clockwise a bit. I was seeing that the one one the vette has the bottom straight part aligning with the bottom of the car, so I was aligning to the bottom of the fuse under the door. But, yeah, might be better tipper a little more to the left.

I'm taking all the ideas in and I'll do another one soon. Thanks!
    Greg Anderson
    Richland, WA

OK, here's another shot at the paint job. The color is #40E0D0, which is turquoise. The color on your monitor may vary. The top view seems to be harder for me, or I'm lazy... My idea with the first one, is what would the cream section do on the actual car, if the front wheels weren't there. I've extended the cream "swash" back further and did one that goes to the spinner. More comments please!

kitfox side view 40E0D0.jpg kitfox side view 2 40E0D0.jpg kitfox top view 40E0D0.jpg
    Greg Anderson
    Richland, WA

I like the latest! It's cool to somewhat hide the flaperons by using the same accent color. IMHO extending the swash to the spinner looks best.
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x