Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tefzel Wire for 915 installation

Default Tefzel Wire for 915 installation

Hi all:

I am wiring up my 915 in a Model 7. The engine install manual calls for some 10 ga wires between the engine and some breakers, connectors, etc. The manual also references the colors that are used in KF's prewired harness. Although plain white Tefzel (MIL 22759) would be fine, color coding would make wiring and future trouble shooting easier. Aircraft Spruce and the other usual suspects, only sell 10 ga in white. I need a few other colors. I have found sellers of "Tefzel" wire on the internet, but it is not MIL 22759 (which is aircraft standard) or they only sell 50+ foot roils. Does anybody have a source for this wire?

Thanks

Fred

Default Re: Tefzel Wire for 915 installation

Fred

I have used white wire but have added appropriate colored shrink tube at vartious points along the wire. Not sure if that's an option for you.

Rick

Thanks for the thought. I did think about that, and it may become the solution if I can't find the wire in colors.

Fred

For my rewire, I will be purchasing the white wire and adding red and black with a marker from here
    https://www.daigger.com/dual-point-cryo-marker

These are designed to write on Teflon .... they should be able to leave a stripe on the white jacket.

The rest of the wires will get Dymo Heat shrink labels... (probably by bundled group) as they get built into bundles.

ProWire USA has ten colors of 10AWG M22759/16 in stock and they sell it in 1' increments.

They also offer striped wire and will custom print any stripe combination you want with a 100' minimum order. Very handy for anyone who wants to follow the Dynon (and perhaps Garmin?) network wire color scheme.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings