Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STI Wing/GA Prop vs. SS Wing/CS Prop

Default Re: STI Wing/GA Prop vs. SS Wing/CS Prop

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Page View Post
    I wouldn't take the results in this thread as an endorsement of one wing over the other. The STi wing is a relatively recent development in the life of the Kitfox line, so there are a lot more of the standard wing out there flying.
    What Eric said. I am a STi with ground adjustable but the two wings are really meant for two different jobs; one to fly slow and one to provide good mid-range performance.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Default Re: STI Wing/GA Prop vs. SS Wing/CS Prop

STI wing and NR prop for me! The only time I have flown in a SS is in Nikk's plane for about an hour, and the demo plane for 15min. Not much comparison, so very little time in a SS. Not only does the STI wing fly slow, it climbs great. The STI wing also does great at high altitude. I have flown multiple times at 17,500' with a density altitude over 19000' and it flies great. Plenty of wing with normal AOA. I am based at 4.5k elevation and routinely fly over 10k. If that is your mission I think the STI is the choice. If your going normally aspirated I would consider a constant speed.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!