So this is probably a bit overdue - but I thought I should start a build thread. I wish I had a cool Fox name for my build like some of you do, but I can't seem to come up with anything...

Anyway, in March I picked up my kit - an SS7. In my case I had it shipped to Syracuse NY, and I rented a truck and drove down from Canada to get it. It all went very very smoothly. I was pretty excited so I didn't take many photos, but that's my rented Penske truck looking pretty small at the freight terminal. Crossing the border and dealing with customs was simple. I did get a few sideways looks from various officials when I told them it was a "kit plane" -- "you know a plane you build your self and go flying in..." But once they realized I was probably crazy - but a law abiding citizen - and was there to pay the tax on the kit, it was business as usual.
IMG_2761.jpg

Once I got back to my hangar a friend on the field helped me unload with his skidsteer with forks. That also went super easy and the skidsteer had zero trouble lifting the crate. To be honest I had stressed about this part -- partially because Kitfox factory had told me the crate would weight 3500lbs. I can attest that the crate is very well build and everything is super secure inside. I'm not sure of the exact weight but between the lift gate and the bobcat, we had it in the hangar in no time.
IMG_0004.jpeg

The next couple weeks (-amid other projects) I worked on the inventory and built some wing rotisseries/shelves and other storage/organization/workspace stuff.
IMG_0002.jpeg

As of this weekend I have completed the inventory and completely disassembled the crate (that actually took a while.) I've organized everything and begun to really read the manual as well.

I probably won't be the fastest builder (I have many projects on the go...) or the most prolific poster on this site -- but I'm very excited to have "started" even if that is just unpacking.
IMG_0001.jpeg

Sorry about he upside down/turned photos -- maybe some one else can right them -- I can't figure out how to do that.

Dave.