Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Instrument Panel - Proposed Layout

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Instrument Panel - Proposed Layout

I think I've been heeding everyone's advice as best as possible, and this is what I've come up with.

- iPad removed: there was definitely alot of screen up there, but I do like having a second so I kept the 7" HDX since it'll sync with everything else

- I like the extra modules that Dynon offers. Touch screen is unbeatable, but sometimes is nice not to have to access menus for everything. Some people like a clean panel, so I totally understand why people might disagree with this choice.

- EP912Sti has 2 ecu lanes, and 2 fuel pumps seems like an obvious choice, so that's why those each have 2 switches. The EP912STi comes with an 18A alternator, with a 32A bolt-on option. I've put 2 switches there to easily isolate them for checks during run up, or in operation, and they can be "stacked" if I want to run an AC inverter or some other high draw item (who knows!?)

- I'm with most people here in that a clean stick grip aside from PTT seems like the way to go, and trim next to the throttle seems like it might be handy. I've put a little lip on top to serve as a hand rest/guard for the trim. Thoughts?

- Starter is a momentary ON-OFF-ON, Master is a locking ON-OFF. As per Eric's advice, a radio and avionics master do seem like an unnecessary feature/single point of failure, so they've been removed. Yes, the buttons are still illuminated, but they'll be wired to have an independent power source which will be dimmable....if I cant make this happen, they will not be illuminated.

- Passenger reading light seemed like a nice idea since I took away their iPad

- Still undecided between Vertical Power VPX, and standard breakers/mini fuses

- You guys were right, this thing is definitely never going to be an IFR flyer, but I'm still hanging onto that pitot heat unless for now. Maybe someone can give me a nice alternative to take its place on the panel?
    Attached Images Attached Images