Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: flapperon bearing KFIV

Default flapperon bearing KFIV

Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of the fuselage flapperon bearing under the turtle deck? My KFIV project is missing them.

Thanks
    Skip
    NC

Default Re: flapperon bearing KFIV

Hey Skip , is this the bearing you are talking about? When i built my Series 5 20 years ago , 2 of these flaperon bearings were included in my kit but were phased out , as Skystar determined they were no longer needed. Unfortunately I only have 1 of them as I used some of the material from the other one for a different project. If this is what you need let me know and i would be happy to throw it in the mail to you. It would be easy to duplicate this part from the original once you source some material. Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the offer Bruce but I think I've got it figured out. Jim C sent me a picture of his KF-IV bearing. I's just a square piece of nylon sheet hinged to the turtle deck attach point.
    Skip

OK Skip, thought you might have it figured out by now, Bruce N199CL