Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Not sure that is correct Caleb about the firewall forward. You certainly need to know which motor you're going to hang up there but the firewall forward kit had no influence on the actual avionics (Garmin) install. Might check that part again. One thing to ask both companies about is the warranty and how they work it. I know I had ordered all my Garmin stuff from Stein right at about a year and a half before I would start integrating them into the plane. So the question is how will they approach the warranty since they know many order early and then it sits in the box for pretty much the warranty period. I personally know Garmin covered my radio when it came out of the box as a brick with no issues. Have heard the same story somewhere about an auto pilot servo being covered.

Gary
You're probably right Gary. I may have misunderstood them on the phone conversation.
I had the impression that, when it came to electrical/avionics, everything tied together with the engine, (probes and any other electrical things firewall fwd).

But now that I read your response and think about it a bit more, I'm realizing the illogicality of that assumption. Because the only thing that needs to tie in with the engine would be probes, and that's not really worth worrying about having kits for. I'll talk to them to clarify.

That's a good point on the warranty. I'm definitely going to try to order the stuff as late as lead times permit. Just trying to sort through and understand the options at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post
Last time that I checked the servos for Autopilot were about 1/3rd the weight for the Garmin servos. I have the servos Dynon sells. They work great they are just heavier.

Scott
Interesting.. Noted.