Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotax 582 not revving high enough

Default Re: Rotax 582 not revving high enough

You can use a protractor (Warp Drive make a good one) to compare and set all the blades. A digital level (iPhone) works too. There is a trick of using a yard stick on the back of a blade to mark a spot on top of a cardboard box. Then do the same thing with the other two blades. You can absolutely nail the blade pitch matching that way. Also use the box to look at the tracking on each of the blade tips WRT each other.

Please do look at the cylinder walls. At 300 hours Rotax wants you to do another de-carbon (and replace the crank).

It bothers me that the engine RPM sags after 10 seconds.
    Building a KF IV Classic

I use a laser to set the pitch on props. Super accurate. Here is a video I made showing how it's done. JImChuk

laser prop setting tool - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Navycposd View Post
    Absolutely! Prop blade out of blade adjustment can cause the engine to not make RPM.
    Hi, navycposd,
    Thank you for the heads up.
    We fined the prop off almost completely, and hey presto we have oodles of power and it goes like a rocket!

It might be that at coarser pitches the errant blade is increasing its own pitch , thus increasing load and slowing the engine?
    Anyway, all good now and airborne.