Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Possible bad part?

Default Possible bad part?

I’m installing the 180 deg fitting, part # 98065.000 to the heater assembly on my 7SS. When I installed one of them, it rotated at an unusual position. See attached photo. Will this leak or is that OK to rotate there as long as it’s torqued correctly?

Part num 98065.jpg
    Greg Anderson
    7SS in "production" : https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=ganderson
    Richland, WA

Default Re: Possible bad part?

I just checked my parts, it shouldn't rotate at that point. The elbow can rotate in the nut, but not at that joint.

My part 98065. is anodized black unlike yours that is anodized blue. I don't think that makes a difference. I can't see on your part but at the end of the 180 bend is the fitting barbed for a hose connection?
    Ralph
    Kitfox 3 flying
    Building Kitfox SS7 (RockFox)
    915iS Engine
    Building Partner Victor V

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    I just checked my parts, it shouldn't rotate at that point. The elbow can rotate in the nut, but not at that joint.

My part 98065. is anodized black unlike yours that is anodized blue. I don't think that makes a difference. I can't see on your part but at the end of the 180 bend is the fitting barbed for a hose connection?
    That's right, Ralph. It has the hose barb on the other end. The first one I put on rotates, like you say, at the nut. I put this question to Brandon at Kitfox last week but I haven't heard back yet.
    Greg Anderson
    7SS in "production" : https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=ganderson
    Richland, WA

This part is bad and it will cause a leak. It needs to be replaced.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016