Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 60 Micron Fuel Filter in 915is. Backwards?

Default 60 Micron Fuel Filter in 915is. Backwards?

I am plumbing my fuel lines before hanging the engine. The anodized blue fuel filter which connects to a right angle AN fitting is pictured on the KF engine manual with the "hex" nuts on the right side of the support bracket. My filter has an arrow printed on it which seemingly points in the wrong direction, indicating that fuel should not flow in the direction indicated in the build manual. Has any one else had this problem?

IMG_1121 (1).jpg

Thanks

Fred

Default Re: 60 Micron Fuel Filter in 915is. Backwards?

Fred,

At the factory Fly In Kitfox had a plane in the hangar for us to look at that they were just about done with I think. Had a 915is in it and I took some pics of stuff and things I thought I would like to have as reference when I installed my 912is. I can't without question tell you your pic is backwards but here's one of the pics I took back then. Shows the filter installed and while the whole arrow isn't there, you can see the tail of the arrow sticking out. Hope this helps ya.

Gary

Firewall 8.jpg
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage

That's very helpful - thanks. I plan tp reverse the filter.

Fred

For anyone else reading the thread, I sent an eMAil to J McB at KF and he responded that the original filters did not have arrows. He suggested that I reorient the filter (like the picture that Geek provided) so that the arrow points in the correct direction of the fuel flow. This requires moving the mounting hole for the bracket one inch toward the AN fitting that comes through the firewall.

Fred