Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Horizontal Spar Wing Tape

Cool Horizontal Spar Wing Tape

Happy New year to All!
    I am finishing the wing tapes on my Model IV 1200. In the manual it shows a horizontal tape along the rear spar. It appears in only should run along the top of the rear spar but doesn't specifically say. It doesn't look like the spar would rub on the bottom but just wanted to double check.

wingtapes.jpg

Default Re: Horizontal Spar Wing Tape

Kristopher,

This particular tape application 0n top of the wing over the rear spar is intended to give two layers over the rear spar as once the fabric is final shrunk it is an area that can contact the spar - the fabric is very close to the spar at this point. Same instruction on our S7. The bottom is a bit further from the spar and since it is flat, does not pull into a concave with shrinking.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Thanks Dave! Super helpful! Thanks for confirming!

I would also consider putting some anti char tape over the rivets that hold the I beam on the topside of the wing, I didn't but found it was very easy to catch them when ironing.