Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Garmin Pros - What is This?

Default Garmin Pros - What is This?

I am probably 70% done wiring my G3X system. Since I haven't hung the 912is, that's where most of the remaining wiring effort is. In wiring the rest of the components, I find I am short one each 9/15 pin backshell assembly. But I have this part that I have no idea where it goes. Most certainly for a 9/15 pin connector but it isn't the type that I need. Can anyone give me a clue on what this is for or where it goes?

Thanks

Gary

IMG_2121.JPGIMG_2120.JPG
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage

Default Re: Garmin Pros - What is This?

Hi Gary,

This looks to me like a backshell for a GTX 45R. Do you happen to have one in your system?

Please feel free to shoot an email to our support desk at G3Xpert@Garmin.com as well if any other questions come up.

Thanks,

Justin

Default Re: Garmin Pros - What is This?

I do have a 45R. Went back and looked at my pics of the install (it's located way in the back). I can see where it goes but my install didn't use that connector so I made a blank off plate. Forgot all about that one. Thanks for the answer on what it's for. Guess I'll have to tear apart the shop and find the missing backshell.

Gary

IFF 11.JPG
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage