Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quad Fox Build

Default Re: Quad Fox Build

Precisely what Harlan said. Cringed when I read 1/8" and the thought of going deeper. I notched the capstrip as well.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

The more I looked at it and thought about it I am not going to touch the threads. I?m am going to try one more option a hex key street elbow. I think it may work well but we will see. Does anyone have pictures of how you notched it? Other thought of I just thought as I was typing this is to tap the finger screen. The adapter for the banjo fitting has a good 1/2?-5/8? of threads showing which is the main reason I have this problem. I thought it would thread in deeper than it does, I only get about 3-4 threads in.

IMG_0815.jpg

Didn?t have much time this weekend with Mother?s Day but was able to cut and fit the laker leading edge. Just need to go over it one more time before bonding with hysol.

I also finished working the flaperon reinforcement brackets. They needed a little material worked off the bottom (flying attitude) to allow them to slide in far enough to give me the 4? from the spar. I did most of them in the past but my belt sander needed a new belt which made quick work of this. I them clamped them in the proper position and drill with #30 bit.

Im off to work for 9 days (1 day off in the middle) then have a week and a half off so hope to bond the brackets and laker leading edge then!
    IMG_1017.jpgIMG_1019.jpgIMG_1020.jpgIMG_1036.jpgIMG_1042.jpgIMG_1043.jpgIMG_0638.jpg

I used the regular fittings, 90 and tank screen, that came with the kit but I did have to tap the tank screen due to only getting a couple threads deep when I put them together.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos