Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quad Fox Build

Default Re: Quad Fox Build

Ahh, I bet your absolutely correct John. I replaced my original screws. Im not sure if it was those that have stripped or if its the new Stainless ones I have now. I noticed that these two types of screws are slightly different size so I bet your right. I know that I don't put too much torque on these that I have now so I have been having pretty good luck lately.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Stainless steel screws/threads fail at a lower torque than steel ones. The thread pitch could be slightly different too, which may explain your problem.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

We have made good progress this month. last half has been slow but feeling good about the progress.

Finished up the rudder pedals but forgot that I sanded down weld a little under one of the master cylinder brackets. I have some epoxy resin on order so everything needs to back apart again. I also started to work on the tail fairings. The one that attaches to the tail is ready to cut the top and bottoms off for proper size but all ribs are formed and the transitions look good.

I still have some rubbing on the seat pan. Only on the far left deflection. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking that during rigging the flight controls and setting the proper limit on the limit screws would help. Maybe the deflection is too much to start with. Seems unlikely though. I should add it only rubs when im sitting in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More than a few members here have added wood blocks under the seats to prevent jammed/impaired flight controls. I had some nice balsa blocks that worked nice without the extra weight. If it's rubbing now imagine what would happen in some turbulence, or if some weight challenged passenger was riding with you! Like me! Lol. A search of TeamKitfox would bring you several solutions.

Keep up the great work Michael!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Agree with Brett, you need some blocks under there. Also, that control rod that passes under the seat has a slight bend in it; on mine I increased the bend angle just slightly more to eliminate any interference and also installed a couple of blocks.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Thanks guys! I think I will try the blocks first! Bending that rod would freak me out! There was pretty good clearance without me in it and seems like good insurance for the possibility of a cracked seat pan!

Make sure when you do the final control adjustment that this rod ends up with the bend hanging down.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    Make sure when you do the final control adjustment that this rod ends up with the bend hanging down.

Thanks! I have heard of that and i made sure it was as far down as it could go and also checked to make sure i had that installed the correct way.