Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model 3 Wing Diehedral?

Default Model 3 Wing Diehedral?

I'm building new Model 3 wings and have the manual. It doesn't mention diehdral but a letter discussing the Model 4 has a procedure using a 4 foot level (1.1 to 1.4 inches of space at the tip end of the level. Is there a different process or approach I should use? Appreciate any insights. Thanks.

Default Re: Model 3 Wing Diehedral?

Steve,

I see you have not received an answer on your question yet - I'll give it a try although our kitfox is an S7.

The method in the build manual is just fine to use for setting the dihedral.

I bought a 4' level which was useful for many other things, and, it served the purpose of setting the rigging of the wings, leveling the fuselage, etc.

The 7 has less dihedral than the 3 but just use the spec - the procedure is the same. Go ahead and use the method in the manual. easy-peasy
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Default Re: Model 3 Wing Diehedral?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Steve,

I see you have not received an answer on your question yet - I'll give it a try although our kitfox is an S7.

The method in the build manual is just fine to use for setting the dihedral.

I bought a 4' level which was useful for many other things, and, it served the purpose of setting the rigging of the wings, leveling the fuselage, etc.

The 7 has less dihedral than the 3 but just use the spec - the procedure is the same. Go ahead and use the method in the manual. easy-peasy
    Dave, thanks. That is the process I used and have the diheral set.

Steve