Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Support Available For Team Kitfox!

Default Garmin Support Available For Team Kitfox!

Greetings from TeamX!

We would like to introduce ourselves to the group here on Team Kitfox. We are a small team of pilots, builders, and aviation enthusiasts (in addition to our day jobs as Software engineers, hardware engineers, etc) within Garmin that develops and maintains avionics for Experimental aircraft. Our group will be getting involved with the Team Kitfox community and provide any support for Garmin avionics installations as needed. We will regularly check in on the forums to see if there are any questions or comments that we are able to assist with.

The capabilities of our systems are largely driven by feedback from the community, so please, if there are any software or hardware improvements that may make your life as an pilot/builder/maintainer easier, send them our way!

We look forward to getting to know everyone!

Thanks,

Justin

Default Re: Garmin Support Available For Team Kitfox!

Welcome! So many Garmin avionics questions asked on Team Kitfox and now we can go right to the source.
    I should be powering up my G3x is the next 30 days and am sure I will need your input.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    Welcome! So many Garmin avionics questions asked on Team Kitfox and now we can go right to the source.
    I should be powering up my G3x is the next 30 days and am sure I will need your input.

Agreed! Mighty handy to have you Garmin professionals with us. Welcome aboard!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

I received a G3X Service Bulletin this morning. If you have an autopilot, beware. I experienced a nose down trim input once, a few months ago when I turned it on. Sent me down to about 20degrees nose down before I shut it off. At the time, I figured I had something programmed incorrectly. It hasn't happened again since then so I wrote it off. This software update addresses the uncommanded trim input when turning the unit on.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    I received a G3X Service Bulletin this morning. If you have an autopilot, beware. I experienced a nose down trim input once, a few months ago when I turned it on. Sent me down to about 20degrees nose down before I shut it off. At the time, I figured I had something programmed incorrectly. It hasn't happened again since then so I wrote it off. This software update addresses the uncommanded trim input when turning the unit on.
    Hi Eddie!

Do you happen to have a Flight Data Log from this flight? We would like to evaluate the autopilot performance data from the flight to see what happened. You can send it to us directly at G3Xpert@Garmin.com.

The bulletin we recently issued was resolved with software update v9.12 for GDU 4XX displays. This can be downloaded here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pa...0&tab=software

Thanks,

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    You got it Dave! Happy to be here!

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin
    This happened many months ago and I am not sure how I would identify what day that occured. Feel Free to PM me if you have information on how to download what you might need.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks! I think this is a great idea having you on the forum.

Just did the most recent G3x and so far I am liking that update. Traffic callout if cool!
    One suggestion I have for garmin in progressive audio like the new cars that adjust stereo based on vehicle speed? They should do that on the G3x. Volume can be lower when your idle or taxing around, but goes louder as you start flying faster!
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Here's a question for Garmin:

Alex (@alexM) and I just flew a G3X-equipped Kitfox for several hours. On each takeoff and landing the chirping tones associated with AOA were crushingly loud in the headset (radio and intercom communication were nearly impossible) and continued for an absurdly long time on landing, especially into a stiff headwind. We looked at the Audio settings screen but couldn't find a volume control for this feature. Alex will be flying this plane again (and I might be involved), so we'd like to get this feature under control. Can it be turned down? If not, can it be turned off? In either case, how? Thanks.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Justin,
    I just sent you a private message with a question regarding my Garmin oil pressure sender.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy