Received my external alternator from Rotec Aerosport.

They applied a nice discount due to the strong dollar overseas. It's a one wire Alt. Nippon-Denso type, 45amp. It can be easily modified to an external regulator if you desire. I had to purchase the plastic excitation plug separately. Would have been nice to have been included. Wiring diagram on their web site is for Jabaru 2200 not 912ul. I also had to mark and drill the six propeller hub bolt holes in the aluminum pulley. Would have been nice if this was done at the factory. But it's all simple stuff, so nbd. Everything bolted up fine. All hardware was included.

Been debating if I should keep the internal regulator or go with a more sophisticated external regulator. In my 40 year's experience, I have had only one regulator failure that destroyed the battery and that was an external ford regulator on a 1969 mustang. Since I have a backup Alt. it makes no sense to add weight and spend more $$

One thing to note that unlike the Rotax external Alt. kit, this kit the aluminum pulley will push your propeller spacer out 5mm. So if your cowling is all measured and cut it might not work for you. I took my prop. spacer to a machine shop and took 5mm off the thick end so all ended up the same.

I saved over a thousand dollars vs the Rotax kit, so the inconveniences were worth it to me. We shall see if the internal regulator holds up or not. Given the time and resources, I would make my own bracket and buy the Alt. separately. These Alternators are priced between $83.00 - $200.00 on the internet.
B&C has a balanced, heavy-duty, 40-amp Alt. at a substantially higher price.

235.jpg
rotec5.jpg