Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bubble Door Hinges

Default Bubble Door Hinges

I am about to drill the hinges for the bubble doors, the doors are fitting nice in the door frames, the perspex is too close of a fit at the present (just clears) but I thought I would give it a final trim once the hinges are drilled. I have placed two pieces of door seal behind the perspex so as to set the door in the correct place but how much do you compress the seal as my doors are sunk into the door frame or do you fit the door so it is flush with the door frame and the seal is not too compressed. What about the transition with the windshield do you have the windshield and the bubble door a smooth transition or have it sunk into the frame?

Some pictures of closed doors would be a real help.

Regards

Paul.
    Last edited by P Johnson; 09-21-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Default Re: Bubble Door Hinges

I used a medium compression of the door seal.
    The rest of the door will end up where it is when you close the door latch at the bottom; it needs to be snug but not require too much force to close it (you will find this does not compress the seal very much).
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: Bubble Door Hinges

Jim,

I have been thinking about the latch since I posted the thread. The latch has not been installed at this time but it should have been done first as per the manual, for some reason I thought I could do it later but as you have pointed out this would give me a indication for how the rest of the door should fit, as I did not fit the latch I was a little lost and more concerned about aesthetics.

Thank you

Paul.