Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912ULS w JPI EDM-350 probes

Question 912ULS w JPI EDM-350 probes

So, I'm a bit lost here, I hope someone out there can offer ANY guidance. I have a IV-1200 that I bought without an engine. I found a great 912ULS to power the big fan up front. In an effort to save panel space and a little weight, I am putting in a JPI EDM-350. It came with the CHT and EGT probes, but I also intend to monitor Tach, Oil Temp, Oil Press, Fuel Press and Fuel Flow. I have reached out to JPI and ROTAX and each company says the other one should be able to answer my question. Well, that went nowhere. So, here goes. What (part #'s) probes should I use for TACH, OIL PRESS, FUEL PRESS and FUEL FLOW? I know that I can't be the first person to do this. Please tell me I'm not the first! If you have used the combo of the JPI on a 912, PLEASE reach out and share ANY wisdom or guidance you may have.

Thanks.

Default Re: 912ULS w JPI EDM-350 probes

The tach sensor comes built-in to the 912/914/915 engines. There are two wires with a connector coming out of the ignition housing for connection to a tach readout. The other sensors are your choice to be compatible with your panel instrumentation (JPI).
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: 912ULS w JPI EDM-350 probes

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    The tach sensor comes built-in to the 912/914/915 engines. There are two wires with a connector coming out of the ignition housing for connection to a tach readout. The other sensors are your choice to be compatible with your panel instrumentation (JPI).
    So, it’s just that simple! Hmm, well that will be a nice change. I appreciate the info and will update when its actually all done.