Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Series 7 Super Sport - Show Me Fox

Default Re: 4 Dec 2022 - Prime Wing Spars, Chase Threads of Wing Tanks, Dry Fit Fuel Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Murphy View Post
    Wondering how frequently the charcoal filters should be replaced on a 3M Respirator.
    It'll be obvious when you need a new filter. The odor of whatever you're working with will start to come through. In my experience (with Acetone) it's quite sudden.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

Default Re: Kitfox Series 7 Super Sport - Show Me Fox

Its OK to notch that rib for fitting clearance-per the manual.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jason the vpx is awesome. It’s worth the price in my option. Has so many features and safety. Cory had an issue with voltage regulator and got an over voltage so the vpx opened the field relay and protected the bus. Watch this video if your trying to decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSR4HUnJNa4
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default 11 December 2022 - Finish priming spars, dress floorboards, flaperon hinge

Painted second and third coat of primer on wing spars. The coat may be a little heavy but it will be in a location which will be difficult to inspect later so the additional protection may be of benefit. I used a paint brush to avoid overspray on adjacent surfaces.

Placed flaperon attachment brackets onto right wing. Plan to get the assistance of the family and dry fit the flaperons to the wings.

I am anticipating that I will have issues with the No. 9 rib on the right wing. I believe that it is 3/8” too far outboard and will need to be moved.

I do not anticipate any problems with the left wing.

Sanded the edges of the cargo bay floorboard and got rid of fuzzy material that the epoxy varnish had collected on. Plan to apply 1 additional coat to the edge of the floorboards and then use spray on Bedliner to provide a robust coating on the floorboards. I will then fit them to the tabs on the fuselage. If anyone has additional ideas about the best way to cover the floorboards I am open to suggestions.

Jason, I covered my baggage floorboard with a lightweight fabric that somewhat matches my front floorboard carpeting. The fabric protects the baggage floor and helps a lot to keep things back there from sliding around. Use the same 3M spray adhesive you used to apply the fabric pieces to your seat pan.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I rolled Herculiner on my baggage floor boards. Did one light coat with texture, then filtered out most of the chunks for the second coat. Grippy without being too rough and turned out nice.

836BFE94-5E63-4B2D-A338-327FEEBB10D6.jpg
    Jason B.
    Phase 1 - S7 STi
    Dynon | 915is

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    I rolled Herculiner on my baggage floor boards. Did one light coat with texture, then filtered out most of the chunks for the second coat. Grippy without being too rough and turned out nice.

Can you provide some more detail about those anchor points?
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

That did come out nice! I think I have some Herculiner on the shelf...

Ditto on the anchor points.
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Hi Alex. You can view those anchor points here: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/produ...down-kit-black

There are large area washers underneath. The thinking is that they'll provide enough tension with a net or strap to keep items from moving around, but it's definitely not meant to be a structural tie down in the event of an accident.

BA3190A3-956E-4CDD-B31C-BF1657BF863C.jpg5AC8E576-68CB-4B1F-80C9-CE8046309286.jpg
    Jason B.
    Phase 1 - S7 STi
    Dynon | 915is

That looks very nice, I also like the mounting points that you added. They are similar to some that I used at work in a medical configuration EC135 that I have flown in at work. They also had rails which used a similar quick attach ring. The rear seats were actually secured to them as well.

Thanks for posting the picture it puts into perspective what I had been visualizing with my plan of using Bedliner.