Installed No. 1 rib on Right Wing. Used yard sticks on the leading edge, trailing edge, top and bottom cap strips to ensure No. 1 rib is parallel to No. 3 rib. Allowed Hysol to cure for 1 hour after mixing and removed excess Hysol and dressed the fillets.

Sanded edge of wing tanks to ensure there is an even gap with the adjacent rib. Placed wing tank fully forward against the front spar. Used a square to mark equal distance from the adjacent rib. Sanded the minimum necessary to ensure the edge of the tank is straight and the gap between the rib and tank is even.

Placed masking tape on ribs and measured equal distances down the rib and made a line. Using a yardstick drawn a straight line on the front and rear of the tank. Will sand to the line to true the leading edge and trailing edge of the wing tanks.

I was advised that a minimum of 9/16” flange is required on the wing tanks and after I sand the edges I need to check for leaks.

I was also advised by Brandon at the factory that I need to leave at least 3/8” gap between the rib and the wing tank for rib stitching. I should also omit the step in the manual that instructs the builder to fill the gap between the wing tank and the rib with Hysol once again for rib stitching.

Rough cut the rear spar for the carry through spar when the wings are folded. This will require additional fitting in the future.

Took creepy selfie to identify myself as the builder in builders log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk