Quote Originally Posted by Jason Murphy View Post
I have been looking at the Sensenich 3 Blade Ground Adjustable Props. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

After speaking with the rep today I understand they are furnished with 6 indexing pins. To set the prop pitch you simply turn the blade to full fine insert the index in of your choice then turn the prop blade to engage the index pin.

Basically there are 6 positions you can set the prop and the index pins provide a quick and repeatable way to adjust the prop without protractors. Each pin will adjust the pitch by approximately 1 degree or 3” of pitch.

I may be posting a used Whirlwind Prop and Spinner for sale in the near future if all this checks out. I will be visiting their booth at AirVenture in the coming weeks.
I have the Sensenich two blade on my plane right now. Can't say as I've flown behind it but I have installed it and set the pitch using the pins you mention. It's a very cool concept. Not quite as fancy as the Duc prop with the single Allen Wrench hole in the middle but still pretty awesome. Quality of the prop is outstanding. The blades are beautifully made. I checked tracking on mine just last week and the blades track less than 1/16" apart.

If you search the web you'll read where people caution you to still use a protractor to check the blade pitch when you set it with the pins.

RE: Rivnuts
I've a very vocal Rivnut hater based on my career with the big airplane company. All it takes is one spun rivnut to ruin your entire afternoon. There are locations where you don't have a choice. When that occurs: ALWAYS use "keyed" Rivnuts, DO use something to help secure them like the Loctite that Gary uses, DO run a screw through them several times to make sure the threads are clear before you put parts together, DO NOT ever let some knuckle dragger anywhere near them once installed.