Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Series 7 Super Sport - Show Me Fox

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 11 Feb 2023 - Wing Tanks & Wing Rotisserie

Borrowed different tap from a fellow builder. Had the privilege of flying with them in their Kitfox STI for about an hour. It was a very pleasant day and a great experience. Big thank you for the kindness.

This tap I had borrowed worked much better than my previous tap.

I would tap and fit the fitting and advance the fitting by approx 1/2 turn each time. Dry fit and tapped another half turn until I was satisfied with the position of the finger screen.

Inspected the fuel quantity fittings and vent fitting. I found the orifice was partially or fully occluded. Removed all fittings for further inspection and cleaning. determined this was caused by using too much sealant on the internal threads of the fitting.

I placed sealant on only the first 3 or 4 internal threads and all of the external threads with sealant. Did not encounter this issue again. When placed the fittings back into the tank. Cleaned excess sealant from the fitting which had been wiped off when the fitting had been threaded into the tank.

Finished cementing PVC fixture for wing rotisserie. Offset the PVC Tee to the center of the chord of the wing with the goal of the wing rotating on the center of the chord.

Took 2” PVC pipe and used a dremel to cut 4 1/8” slits lengthwise in the pipe. Will easily slide inside of the tip end of the wing spar. These will be placed through a 2x4 and secured to the engine stand. This will allow me to rotate the wing and secure it in place with a pin on the engine stand.