Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Series 7 fuselage questions/help

Default Series 7 fuselage questions/help

Greetings Everyone.

I'm in the process of starting repairs on a landing damaged Series 7 SS fuselage. The previous owner took a hard landing and the Grove gear bent and buckled the right side longeron, pushing the seat truss up and over to the left.

I contacted John at kitox to see if he could offer any angles, measurements etc.. to ensure a properly aligned finished product. However, he wasn't willing to share anything, which is understandable. I do have a factory jig welded floor structure to aid in repair, but I have a few questions I would like answered.

This leaves me to ask the community questions. Anyone out there with a bare fuselage willing to take measurements and pictures? Or confirm some things?

I have removed the floor structure and the damaged right longeron section and door sill section. Basically everything in front of the rear landing gear mounts to the last 5" or so of the front of the front.

Most of what was bent was either cracked or the previous owner tried to effect a repair by cutting into the tubing to get a bend out. So most had to be removed. There was no straightening members to bring things into alignment for reference and repair.

My main question is this, does the lower longeron and door frame tubing have a gradual bend from the wing strut brackets toward the firewall? Is there any twist/angle to the door sill tube?
    Since the seat truss was pushed up and over it put a slight bend in the left side and I can't use it as reference. I don't know how much bend needs removed or how much if any induced twist remains with the floor structure removed.

Any and all help is appreciated. 20220813_091200.jpg

Default Re: Series 7 fuselage questions/help

If no one has reached out to you I have an uncovered Series 7 fuselage.