Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need Pre-buy inspection near Portland...need suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need Pre-buy inspection near Portland...need suggestions

There is a kitfox I'm interested in finding out more about near Portland. Does anyone know of a certified Rotax mechanic in that area? From what I'm finding, non of the A&P shops up that way have any knowledge on them.

Default Re: Need Pre-buy inspection near Portland...need suggestions

Check Rotax-owner.com They have a database of Rotax trained mechanics... that will help with the engine. The airframe you will need someone that is familiar with Kitfox.

Most A&Ps do not have experience with Experimental Amateur Built aircraft. Added to that, EAB aircraft are custom builds. Even when built from a kit, there are variances involved. To do a pre-buy on an EAB aircraft you will need to find someone experienced with that specific type of aircraft.

Hopefully someone from the forums near your potential aircraft can at least look at it for you and maybe do a FaceTime walk around to let you see it yourself.
    Ralph
    Kitfox 3 flying
    Building Kitfox SS7 (RockFox)
    915iS Engine
    Building Partner Victor V

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    Check Rotax-owner.com They have a database of Rotax trained mechanics... that will help with the engine. The airframe you will need someone that is familiar with Kitfox.

Most A&Ps do not have experience with Experimental Amateur Built aircraft. Added to that, EAB aircraft are custom builds. Even when built from a kit, there are variances involved. To do a pre-buy on an EAB aircraft you will need to find someone experienced with that specific type of aircraft.

Hopefully someone from the forums near your potential aircraft can at least look at it for you and maybe do a FaceTime walk around to let you see it yourself.
    Thanks, I'll put a post on rotax-owner and see if I Can find anything. Even though a kitfox is home built, it's still an airplane. I would rather have an experience A&P or IA do a proper prebuy inspection. They will be looking at a lot more than I could see from a cell phone look see.

Fred Williams is most known as a Kitfox flight instructor but he is also an LSA AI/AM and might be willing to travel to do it depending on the time of year.

Adventure Flying – Discover a passion for flight (advflying.com)

J