Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Tire Question.......

Default Re: Another Tire Question.......

Placed an order for 2 on the 1st with Desser. Order went thru with nothing showing not in stock. My credit card had transferred money to Desser. After 2 weeks still no tires (website shows delivery in 3-5 business days). Called up yesterday and was told they had received 100 tires and those all went to people with orders ahead of me. If I still wanted mine, I'd have to wait til around Dec 26 so cancelled order and went with ACS. More expensive but shipped and due on Tues. Not exactly the way it should be done IMHO on Desser's part.

Rick

Think I agree with you Rick. It can't be that hard to get the website to tell you they are out again and give you a shipping clue right there. Instead they leave you thinking you have them on order and they will show up in a week. Low rent. I guess our supply and demand system got quite the shock during Covid and all and still hasn't recovered.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage

Quote Originally Posted by bumsteer View Post
    Checked just now and ACS is showing the 8.50-6 Aero Classic in stock for $438 each. Desser is showing $339.95 each. Good luck for those ordering, probably won't be around long.

Rick

Looks like those are the tube tire. Tubeless (like I ordered 2 months ago) still shows Dec 26 as an expected in stock date.

JQ

They are tube type. Don't know about tubeless type but she didn't sound very confident on the 12/26 date on the tube type.

Rick

I ordered some Goodyear tubeless from Aircraft Spruce and just checked my order on the website. Went from mid September to "No clue" (estimate was removed and nothing replaced it). Seems to be a recurring theme.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage

I think I ordered the last set of 27.5 Aero Classics that ACS had in stock. Shows a UPS shipping weight of 41 lbs... so I hope I'll get a set of tires next week.

So Desser refunded my money on the 20th and that showed up today on my CC account. This afternoon I get an email from FedEx saying I have a package coming from Desser. Guess right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing. Now gotta decide if I want them. Got the 2 from ACS on Tuesday.

Rick

Ya I saw 27.5 s in stocks at acs.
    I called to order them....nice lady helping me went to the stock room to verify they were there. They were so we proceeded to setup the shipping and during that minute or so someone placed a internet order and poof...no more stock....this happened yesterday the 23rd.

Well played
    So I'm on the list again.....lol

ACS is showing Aero Classic 800-6 in stock for $176 a tire as of this moment. This is what I run most of the time.
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ages/800-6.php
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

A month ago couldn't find them anywhere. Now I got 4. Go figure.

Rick