Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spammers on the site?

Default Spammers on the site?

Recently, I posted an add looking for poly fiber products. One responce I got is for sure legit, but I also got two other private messages telling me to email a certain person and that he has very good prices. I'm pretty sure the last two messages I got were spammers. Just a heads up to others, don't be to quick to jump into something that sounds to good to be true. As I said, one responce is for sure legit, and I don't mean anything negative about him. But the other two not so much..... JImChuk

Default Re: Spammers on the site?

Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Dave, I just sent them both to you. JImChuk

Dave, I just sent you two more. JImChuk

Simple rule, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Also nothing screams scam like a newbie member with zero posts offering something up.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

I was pretty sure they were scammers, and never went to their sites. Just figured you should know what was going on though. I sure am getting tired of there being crooks and thieves everywhere. JImChuk

This is a different situation but, on in July of this year I posted, on this site, a request for anyone selling a blank instrument panel for a Model IV to contact me. I was contacted by Stuart Harvey stating he had one for sale. We agreed on a price and I sent monies via Paypal two days later. As of today I have received no panel and thru countless emails have requested my money returned. I am quite sure I will never see my panel or my money.

I know this forum is not the place for public personal bashing and that is not my intention here. I just wanted to give everyone on this forum "Heads Up" on this guy as he, unlike ALL others I have encountered in the aviation field is not to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
    This is a different situation but, on in July of this year I posted, on this site, a request for anyone selling a blank instrument panel for a Model IV to contact me. I was contacted by Stuart Harvey stating he had one for sale. We agreed on a price and I sent monies via Paypal two days later. As of today I have received no panel and thru countless emails have requested my money returned. I am quite sure I will never see my panel or my money.

I know this forum is not the place for public personal bashing and that is not my intention here. I just wanted to give everyone on this forum "Heads Up" on this guy as he, unlike ALL others I have encountered in the aviation field is not to be trusted.
    First off, sorry that this happened.
    Secondly, PayPal can more than likely help get your money back.
    Lastly, what is Steve Harvey's screen name?

Just as a quick reminder, unless it is a face to face transaction, listen to the little voice in the back of your head when you're buying a $1000, 150 pound part for $125 with free shipping. Also when some Team Kitfox newbie says "my friend" has what you are looking for and gives you his contact info you are probably about to be scammed.
    Caveat emptor my friends, caveat emptor!
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

I've recieved a bunch of these "my friend has this or that, contact him at......" recently. Just had one yesterday about my want add for jury struts. JImChuk

If the payment went via PayPal's normal customer-to-business payment channel (with fees charged to the recipient), they should be willing to help you. However, if it went via their "friends and family" option (no fees), then I'm afraid they're going to invite you to pound sand.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings