Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Demo Ride

Default Kitfox Demo Ride

I am working on my Sport Pilots Cert. and have always wanted a Kitfox sti. Currently I am training in a CTLS, I am not a fan of the way it handles and I'm considering giving up because of it. The plane is very sensitive to the slightest breeze and doesn't feel stable to me. I have flown many small aircraft including several small homebuilts and non of them have scared me, the CTLS does. Unfortunately the CTLS is the only LSA plane available to me at this time.

Before I call it quits I would like to take a ride in a Kitfox to see if it feels better. If the Kitfox feels more stable I would be inclined to stick with the effort to complete the cert.

I would happily pay for the fuel for a demo flight. If you live anywhere in Oregon or Idaho I would gladly make the trip to see you.

I live in Albany Oregon. (541) 979-1945

Default Re: Kitfox Demo Ride

I am near Sublimity and my KF is currently hangered at Vernonia where I am working on getting my BFR finished. As soon as I am certified again I would be happy to give a ride.

That would be fantastic. Please call me when you are ready.

The kitfox is a very light and short aircraft so it takes lots of rudder. First 10 hours of flying mine I didnt like it. Felt like it didn't fly great and didnt like how much rudder input it took. Doesn't fly like your grandpas 172 for sure. Now I don't think about about the rudder and I enjoy it, but it does take some time.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

I know a lot of people that like their CTLS. When I used to fly one, I referred to it as the "wiffle ball with wings" for probably the exact reasons you are talking about.

The Kitfox will require plenty of rudder but feels much better to fly in my opinion.
    John Grueter
    N188LR
    Kenosha, WI
    Series 7 Super Sport - flying!

You described the CTLS well. Very nice plane, but it's not for me.

Is there a particular reason you only want a sport pilot rating?