Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: T3 tail spring on a Mk3

Default T3 tail spring on a Mk3

Hi

I know the T3 tail spring system will fit onto a Mk4, but does anyone know if there’s any problems fitting it to a Mk3? I have a Matco tailwheel, which I know it works with.

The main question I have is whether the fixed bolt that protrudes from the fuselage on the Mk3 is the same position/size etc as a Mk4? And also if the ‘side force clamp’ is in the same location. If so, I see no reason why it won’t work.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: T3 tail spring on a Mk3

I don't have a kitfox 3 handy to compare with my 4, but I'm pretty sure they are the same. Maybe check the Kitfox parts catalog, I bet they show the same tail spring on the 3 and 4. JImChuk

That bracket under the tail is the same on a KF 3 and 4; the spring for one will fit the other. But the steel was thinner on the KF3 than on my KF 4 classic fuse. I had to weld the one on my 3 when it cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    I don't have a kitfox 3 handy to compare with my 4, but I'm pretty sure they are the same. Maybe check the Kitfox parts catalog, I bet they show the same tail spring on the 3 and 4. JImChuk
    Building a KF IV Classic

Thanks for the replies :-)

I’ll get on to them today.