Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 flooded carb

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 912 flooded carb

Next time you open up the carbs you may want to polish the needle seat as well. I had these same issues and leaks with the new replacement needles as well. Upon taking an eye loop and staring into the needle seat, you can see chattering from the drilling process that resulted in the needles not being able to completely seat and thus fuel leaked by. I took some metal polish, a q-tip (or 3) and a drill to solve that issue.

pull the cotton tips off of 2 or 3 q tips and wrap them around the head of another q-tip. Just building up the cotton to ensure that it polishes all surfaces in the seat simultaneously. Then a dab of metal polish and chuck the ass end of that q-tip into the drill and give it a go. I DO NOT suggest spinning that drill at super high speeds - be smart and realize polish is an abrasive and too much pressure will chew up some serious material. Polish slow and blast out residual with carb cleaner. Turn in fuel briefly after completion to ensure no polish snuck up through the port and into the fuel line. Once it runs clean, re-sssemble, verify fuel level in bowl, grab a handful of gummy bears and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
    Attached Images Attached Images