Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: TokoT18

Default TokoT18

I have not been able to source a Toko T18 in the UK as they have no stock but can get one of these, the specs seem similar and it is about the same price, doe’s anyone have any experience?

Wintersteiger Wax Iron Digital with LED Display - 230V 1000 Watt
    Last edited by P Johnson; 07-14-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: TokoT18

PJ,

Not familiar with that product; however, it sure sounds like a covering iron used to shrink fabric.

Kitfox has a large one and a "hobby" iron which is used for small spaces and tapes. These are not 230V - both are 115V

Anyway it's in their parts catalog on page 14

https://kitfoxaircraft.com/wp-conten...rev-2-9-22.pdf
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

I would have to agree with Dave that it would get the job done. Even looks a lot like the Toko, which to my knowledge were also initially made for waxing skis. Might want to check with ski shops, either local or across the channel, to see what they may have.

Rick

Thank you for the replies, I was really tempted to go with the Fabric Pro as I have friends going to Oshkosh and it looks a really good iron but I want it now so I have ordered a Toko T18 from Spain it should be here later in the week. Hope I’ve made the right decision.