Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rotax 912 on kt 3 - engine mount

Default Rotax 912 on kt 3 - engine mount

Dears, I've just bought an incident KT3 equipped with Limbach Engine. I've just remove Limabach becouse I want to install a Rotax 912 - 100Hp. some one has already installed this engine on KT3? any issue, suggestion, picture dettails about engine mount?

tks in advance

Default Re: Rotax 912 on kt 3 - engine mount

Kitfox can sell you a new motor mount. About $1000. Plenty of others have done it before, and the Kitfox 4 installation would be pretty much the same.

I know I can buy directly from them the engine mount for 912 for about 1000usd.
    but I live in Italy, so due to shipment, tax, fee, etc etc, I will spend about 2200usd to have it.
    this is the reason I would like to try to built it

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    I know I can buy directly from them the engine mount for 912 for about 1000usd.
    but I live in Italy, so due to shipment, tax, fee, etc etc, I will spend about 2200usd to have it.
    this is the reason I would like to try to built it
    sadly by the time you take into account your time, materials, R&D, etc etc you might as well just get the mount from KF directly. I’m a huge proponent of the DIY mindset, but not when it will end up being an sprint up a gravel mountain if you get my drift.