Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: engine runs rough

Default Re: engine runs rough

checked my muffler last night, took the two front pipes off and the inside looked like new. outside looks like new, no cracks. back to lookin.

took and reset the plugs to .022 last night. Number 3 cylinder was very clean on both, the others looked slightly wet and brown, little black on the outside ring. Doing some reading that might be normal for idle back to the hangar.

My thoughts if this continues is to remove the prop and tear into the gear box. check the hubs for wear, that's really all that's left. I have an IVO medium prop and I'm at 800 hrs. I removed the magnet plug and it's got just a light film of black. sorry to say, it's the first time I've checked that magnet. so judge on that for material. I've read that even with wear on the hubs that magnet will still be clear. I also use Amzoil 10-40 motorcycle oil, have since first start. opinions. Yes I know, it's time to do the gear box.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 06-15-2022 at 07:25 AM.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

pretty sure I found my problem. Now let me say this, I usually find my problems to be unique. Well here you go. I removed the top of the right carb and guess what, that diaphragm was pulled in on a section on the outer edge, major leak. I ordered the stage 2 kit that comes with orings gaskets and two diaphragms.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
    pretty sure I found my problem. Now let me say this, I usually find my problems to be unique. Well here you go. I removed the top of the right carb and guess what, that diaphragm was pulled in on a section on the outer edge, major leak. I ordered the stage 2 kit that comes with orings gaskets and two diaphragms.
    heck yes simple fix! Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos