Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airventure 2022

Default Re: Airventure 2022

Supposedly, Ford has pulled out of all non-automotive events. At least that's the story I heard. I believe Boeing is taking over their location.

Rick

Has there been any updates on MOSAIC yet? I looked through the event calendar and did not find any high-level FAA presentations.
    I am hoping to learn more about how the new rules are going to handle CS props for sport pilots.
    Last edited by VictorV; 07-29-2022 at 09:42 AM.
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

This is the latest information that I've seen. Hopefully someone else has something more recent.

Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I watched the reporting from AirVenture on “Meet the Administrator” . . . what a letdown. The Administrator managed to use all the double speak of a good bureaucrat. He said nothing of substance with no direct policy. The assistant FAA Administrator gave a timeline for the NPRM on MOSAIC in August 2023.

So, no answer on new/updated Light Sport rules… back to the discussions on planning what prop.
    Ralph
    Kitfox 3 flying
    Building Kitfox SS7 (RockFox)
    915iS Engine
    Building Partner Victor V

For those who were able to attend (and even those who couldn't) and haven't seen some of the final numbers: Total attendance was 650,000+ a new record, 10,000+ aircraft, 40,000+ campers ( a low estimate IMHO). As one who witnessed the "zoo" that was Camp Scholler starting about Wednesday afternoon, I can certainly attest to the fact that EAA needs to find more space for camping somewhere although I have no idea where. Until Wednesday afternoon, security was very strict about parking east/west and no tents (I was in the 24 hour generator area around 3rd and the emergency runway). After that it anything goes. East/west or north/south, tents, cargo trailers, it was all fair game (except for the couple campers who thought the emergency runway was perfect). Ran into an old friend hadn't seen in years. Unfortunately that was Thursday so missed Larry's BBQ. Countdown calendar on Airventure website for next year has started. Can't wait!!

Rick

It was a fantastic event that I feel blessed to be able to attend every year.

One thing I will say, I've heard enough afterburners to tide me over for quite a while now!

As to this, were not talking abut this right now...

Thunderstruck.jpg
    The Hook.jpg
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos