Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 915is Ground-Adjustable

Default 915is Ground-Adjustable

Has anyone installed a ground-adjustable prop on the 915is? I'm trying to figure out what
    my options are. I'm Light Sport so I can't use the constant-speed prop until (if/when) MOSAIC
    comes to fruition. MOSAIC will most likely allow use of a single-lever control so my only
    option would be MT using the Stock Flight Systems controller (EMU) when the time
    is right. For now I will be fine with ground-adjustable.

KF does not have a recommendation since they have not tested any yet.

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

Default Re: 915is Ground-Adjustable

Hey Victor,
    I haven't tested (or even mounted) my prop yet as I'm still in early stages of my build with a 915 but I did purchase a DUC ground adjustable prop which can be upgraded at a later time to a constant speed prop. May be worth looking into but there isn't much info or user reviews I could find. Only time will tell if it was a good decision.
    DUC USA was extremely easy to work with and very responsive. I went with a 4-blade 75" option but for better STOL capabilities, a 3-blade 72" might have been the better choice for a 915. I will definitely save on weight compared to an AirMAster or MT and the allen ket adjustability looks to be very simple. For future, DUC does sell an hydraulic/electric control system, which can be mounted and used similar to MT and Airmaster.
    Just an option worth considering.
    Here's a link to DUC's brochure
    http://www.duc-helices.com/client/do...eller_1006.pdf

and a quick video of what my prop looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_yJQkIY-Q
    Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Nice looking prop. I am learning that there are many things to consider when choosing a prop.
    I'll talk to the guys at Duc. Were there any others you considered?

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

You might reach out to Sensenich. They make some ground-adjustable's for other Rotax, and may have an option for you. I can't speak highly enough of my ground-adjustable Sensenich that I put on my Lycoming powered Kitfox 5 Outback... it's such a nice prop.

Trent Palmer is using a NR/Luga 3-blade ground adjustable with his 915.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by WhereTheHellIsJames? View Post
    You might reach out to Sensenich. They make some ground-adjustable's for other Rotax, .
    I just received Sensenich's new STOL prop for the 915is. It's a bit larger diameter than I was originally wanting to go with, but going to try it out anyways. 82" three-blade ground adjustable composite with the pin adjustment system. 14.75 pounds for everything (hub, blades, hardware, etc).
    Jason B.
    Phase 1 - S7 STi
    Dynon | 915is

I'm definitely interested in hearing how it works out for you. Seems like many of the props I have seen are closer to 72" so 82" seems big.
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

Quote Originally Posted by Redline View Post
    I just received Sensenich's new STOL prop for the 915is. It's a bit larger diameter than I was originally wanting to go with, but going to try it out anyways. 82" three-blade ground adjustable composite with the pin adjustment system. 14.75 pounds for everything (hub, blades, hardware, etc).
    A picture's worth a thousand words!

I have a friend with a Sensenich adjustable prop with the pin guides.

When setting pitch on these, make sure to double check them with a protractor. My friends individual blades can vary by more than a degree with just the pin.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

My 2 blade NR(luga) is 69.7" long and 9.8lbs with the 2" extension, h/w and spinner. No data as of yet.

20190205_090448 (2020_09_21 10_29_07 UTC).jpg 20190205_090427 (2020_09_21 10_29_07 UTC).jpg
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades