Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kevin's KitFox STi Build

Post Kevin's KitFox STi Build

First and foremost, I am so grateful for Team KitFox and its members. The wealth of information shared on this forum has been helpful to me over the past few months. I am a first time aircraft builder, so mostly I have been accessing the forum if I get stuck or want some motivation but do plan to start posting progress updates and sharing more as I get further along in my build.
    I am still in the early stages of my project (just finishing up gluing up the streamlined fairings on my tail) but thought it was time to post an introduction.

My name is Kevin Olson (olsonCCR), and I took delivery of my kit in late October 2021. I'm based in Northern California at Buchanan Airfield, and am a member of EAA Chapter 393. I'm building a 2021 KitFox Series 7 STi w/ Rotax 915is. I keep revising my completion date but my goal is to complete my project in 2023.

I have been recording and documenting each portion of my build privately but as I get time I do upload and store build photos on my EAA Builders Log, and just posted my first video on Youtube. No Youtube presence, so you'd have to go out and look for it . I could upload older photos to TeamKitFox but thought I'd just start sharing a couple of pictures, and move forward from here.

Here are links to what I have posted on my EAA Builder's Log and Youtube if anyone's interested:

EAA Builder's Log: https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&proj=7uQmR3c7V
    Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2...UmFdQ/featured

Thanks again!

Kevin Olson
    2021 KitFox STi (building)
    Rotax915is and DUC prop
    (Avionics TBD)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kevin's KitFox STi Build

It is good to see the progress Kevin - keep it up and don't be bashful with the questions. I think it safe to say that regardless of experience, all who post or lurk have learned lots from this forum - many times from reading the answers to questions they would have answered differently.

Default Re: Kevin's KitFox STi Build

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    It is good to see the progress Kevin - keep it up and don't be bashful with the questions. I think it safe to say that regardless of experience, all who post or lurk have learned lots from this forum - many times from reading the answers to questions they would have answered differently.
    Thanks. Completely agree. Learning something new every day! Really enjoying the build process. The toughest part so far has been "not knowing what I don't know". I haven't decided on avionics yet for a host of reasons but do want to start planning out anntenae placements, and purchase an ELT, so I can mount before cover. For example, Geek Phanning's build shows an antennae built into the vertical stabilizer, and there's a plate mount I have for ADSB on the bottom of the fuselage where another builder mounted a RAMI fin antenna but it's backordered from Aircraft Spruce. This weekend I plan to map everything out an will post a few questions to the forum!