Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Butt Rib Installation for Series 7

Default Butt Rib Installation for Series 7

Besides awaiting for the cold weather to pass, my father and I are stumped at the butt rib installation part of our build. We have placed our butt ribs on the aircraft but we seem to have a longer "tail" to the butt rib that covers the rear bolt head in the wing spar. Hopefully, the pictures I attached are shown, since that will better explain the situation. We triple check our measurements from Rib #3 to Rib #1, and still find ourselves cover the rear spar bolt.

While the easiest fix is just chop that "tail" off, I am extremely reluctant to do so till someone who is more experience then us in the build says ok.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Butt Rib Installation for Series 7

Trim to fit. The butt ribs on my IV aren't installed yet but they're notched both front and back for bolt clearance.
    Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Butt Rib Installation for Series 7

Thanks Gary! I kept on thinking if we cut it now it would be heck trying to glue it back on if it was needed.