Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KingFox Model 7 STi - beginning the build

Default KingFox Model 7 STi - beginning the build

Hello KitFox friends,

I ordered my Model 7 back in 2019. Received the kit in Jan of 2021 with only minor delays due to my work schedule and some 2020 issues. I started work in July of 2021 working out of a temporary rented storage space. I’ve now transitioned to a two stall garage finally which is making things much smoother and a little bit faster. I sort of forgot about this forum and I thought I should post in here also. I started a YouTube channel “KingFox” in the fall of 2021 to attempt to document the build. As I began, being a novice at both building an airplane and video creating and editing I decided to turn it into more of a step by step build as I go in an attempt to give support to some new builders that may be on the fence, not knowing if they can do it or not. I hope to inspire someone along the way, have fun doing it and meet some other enthusiasts along the way. I’ve included a link here for anyone interested in following along. https://youtube.com/channel/UCghEv8ArOvf3qPesuz34EcA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: KingFox Model 7 STi - beginning the build

A few more pics of the elevator and horizontal stabilizer rib installation.

Hey Matt. Hope you’re enjoying the build process. Will check out your videos when I get a chance. Stop in once in a while and give us a quick update on progress made. If you get a minute to create a “signature” for your posts here including model Kitfox, engine choice, if you’ve made one, prop, ect. That will help folks reading your posts or answering questions you may have to know what you are installing on or in your Kitfox. Also covering process you decided on. Have fun with your build. Stay warm up there in S.Dakota. They say Spring may show up there one of these days. 😉

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hello DesertFox4,

Thanks for the message. I will see if I can figure out which of the icons above or perhaps somewhere else allow me to create that signature you speak of. I do think Spring is around a corner someplace. I’m on vacation in Iraq at the moment so as long as it arrives before I get home that will be just fine with me. I sure appreciate you watching the videos, I just thought it would be a little easier to document that way then here in the forum but I’ll attempt to do so in both. Have a great day.

Matt Koeniguer building the KingFox
    Model 7 STi
    Monster shocks - 29” Alaskan Tires w/ bush wheel
    no engine yet - but I’d like the Rotax 915is
    no propeller yet either - not sure which of those I’d like
    Stits Poly Fiber covering when I get to that step

Welcome to the build process... enjoy!

To create a "signature" go to "Forum Actions" above then click on "Edit Profile" scroll down to find "Edit Signature" click, the create Signature.
    Ralph
    Kitfox 3 flying
    Building Kitfox SS7 (RockFox)
    915iS Engine
    Building Partner Victor V

Thanks Rv9ralph! I created one yesterday after the e-mail from DesertFox4. Now I’ll find out if all I have to do is type a message, hit send and it will magically appear or if I need to click on one of these many icons up above. Have a great day, Matt
    https://www.youtube.com/@KingFox76
    KitFox Model 7STi
    Monster Shocks - 29” Alaskan Bushwheels & TW
    Engine - Wanted Rotax, now considering the Viking 150
    Propeller - MT, now probably a DUC for the Viking
    Stits Poly Fiber

Continuing with the horizontal stabilizer and the elevator.

E6131FD3-41E8-4617-80B1-5D32DFFAC484.jpg
    KitFox Model 7STi
    Stits Poly Fiber

Horizontal Tail Installation:

KitFox Model 7STi
    Stits Poly Fiber

Default Starting on the fuselage

I seem to keep replying to a thread on my own post. If I am doing this incorrectly if anyone could advise me otherwise I would greatly appreciate any inputs. I have also tried to upload some more photos but the file sizes must be too large to upload therefore I’ll keep including links to my YouTube vids which I think are a bit better than some stills. I hope you enjoy watching. Have a great KitFox Day! Matt

KitFox Model 7STi
    Stits Poly Fiber

Default Re: Starting on the fuselage

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
    I seem to keep replying to a thread on my own post. If I am doing this incorrectly if anyone could advise me otherwise I would greatly appreciate any inputs.
    That's correct -- just keep replying to your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
    I have also tried to upload some more photos but the file sizes must be too large to upload...
    I'm not sure of the max file size in bytes, but I find that if I resize my images to 1024x768 pixels (the forum's max image dimensions) before uploading, they're always accepted.

If you're using a Windows PC, this is very easy to do in batches using the image resizer that's part of Microsoft's Windows PowerToys. Info on the Resizer tool is here. PowerToys installation details are here. I don't know if there's a Mac equivalent.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings