Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Stein Air Credit

Default Stein Air Credit

After doing some looking around, I purchased my all my avionics from Stein and wanted to give some credit to them for being really awesome to work with. First off, they give a discount if you buy all the stuff from them. Cool. But I couldn't afford all of it in one chunk so I asked that if I promised to buy all of it from them but over time (in my case a little over a year) could I still have the discount. Answer? Yup. They gave it to me on each of the buy installments that I made. This week, I was looking at my build, the plan to mount the transponder behind the luggage sack. The transponder is to be delivered this July and what a pain that was going to be to wire the connector, install the mounting rails and such with the skin on the plane. So I emailed Nick at Stein and asked if they could ship me the Accessories (mounting rails and electrical connector) now and the transponder later. Basically I was asking them to split up the kit and told them I understood if they couldn't do that. Nick came back and said not only would they do it, they would ship it that day. And they did. I can only say that those who are looking at getting their avionics should give Stein a call. They have been the best company to work with that I have come upon in a long time. Other than Heather of course.

Geek
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi in Building Stage

Default Re: Stein Air Credit

I second this praise! They are great to work with. I bought from another supplier before I new about Stein. I called them for help and they helped me even though I didn't buy from them. They also told me about the pcb board they created for the Rotax rpm signal wire that makes installing the resistor that is needed a breeze. Next aircraft I build I will use them for everything avionics related. Plus they have great how to videos and sell quality tools that you don't have to pay top dollars for.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: Stein Air Credit

YES! Kudos to the STEIN AIR team! I purchased through Stein as well and have been super happy with their price point and after the sale tech support. They have always been there for me from simple, to complex questions! Not to mention, when you buy from Stein, they will generate a master or electrical plan showing all the interconnects, pin-outs, and ground shields needed. This is a huge service to the builder, vs having to print the Garmin manual and attempt to source back and forth from page to page. The electrical plan is a huge time saver and allows the builder to see and visualize all your connections, especially if you need to trouble shoot or add discrete alarms or trim signals. Customer support in my opinion is priceless!

Thank you to the Stein Team!

IMG_8289.jpg
    N928M
    Mike
    West Chicago, IL
    Kitfox 5 Speedster, building
    912ULS, Airmaster 332