Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox IV value

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kitfox IV value

Well,
    Like most things, change is inevitable. I had a medical incident and my medical has lapsed. I really don’t feel like I have the “right stuff” any longer. After 23k hours I am afraid I have to hang up my spurs. Now to the meat, my Kitfox should go to a home where it will get to fly. Problem is the Kitfox market seems to be quite robust. I can’t track the ones that come up for sale quick enough to create a base line. So I am asking for your help in getting a rough valuation.
    Here are some rough details;
    1994 Model IV 1050, with about 300 hours, rudder pedal, factory kit, no more SB inspections.
    912 UL early case
    Warpdrive 3 blade whirlythingy
    Grove main gear
    Grove Wheels and braking system, with Aero Classic gummy bears on the mains.
    Scott 3200 tailwheel
    Garmin 250XL GPS/Comm
    Garmin GTX 327 xpnder
    Lithium battery w/ charger
    Panel has the usual instruments
    All fluid hoses replaced.
    The reason for the low hours is after flying an airliner all week the only thing I wanted to do was 3 t/o and landings on the nice soft grass field, a few 1/10s goes a long way.
    I bought the plane about 10 years ago, with the intention of having a retirement ride. Things change, oh well at least I am on the right side of the dirt.A94AA836-A44B-4CE7-B4C2-F0CBD33D4A48.jpg993D5E18-46A1-4D28-BB7E-C35512AF1F80.jpg2285C744-5AB8-413D-B7F8-B4647EDD913C.jpg
    The plane has never stayed outside overnight it’s actually in really nice condition. Plane will come with a fresh condition inspection( I am an A&P).
    The plane runs like a top. I purchased it from the 2nd owner and flew it from Minneapolis to Hollister in 2 days, 19 flight hours and 59 gallons of gas(eat your heart out Toyota Prius). It has a single tank in the right wing.
    Not looking for a definitive answer, just some educated guesses, so I know where to start.
    Thanks
    eric
    Last edited by ClickClickBoom; 02-17-2022 at 10:17 PM.