Well.....I had a deadstick landing. Actually two! Fortunately by choice. On our recent adventures to IBEX lakebed, I decided to climb up and shutdown the engine. I got on downwind and at 1000' agl and pulled power to idle and then setup for 65mph glide. Shut off ignition and then fuel pump. Crazy as there was no indication I had no power other than a low fuel cas message. If I hadn't shut the full pump off I would have no indication of no power if I tried to go around. Thinking of programming a low range on my EGT's to alert me on a long descend that things have gone cold. With my 3 blade 79" prop windmilling there is significant drag and glide ratio is very poor. I was seeing 1100' fpm decent rate with a very steep deck angle. Airspeed bled fairly fast on flare and landing. Decided to try again and see what it feels like if I can get the prop to stop. Climbed back up and shut things down again. This time I slowed to almost stall to get the prop to stop. Then pitched for best glide. Best glide I saw about 800fpm decent. 65mph I don't think is best glide for the STI. Very suprised how different it feels with prop stopped. Prop was causing buffing on the tail from what I am assuming is the turbulent air coming off the prop. Glide ratio improved significant with prop stopped. Saw 800fpm decent with prop stopped. I want to go back to the lake bed and test best glide, but I am guessing its closer to 60mph in the STI. Learned lots, but am interested to go back and practice some more.