Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912ULS vapor return line check valve

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 912ULS vapor return line check valve

Jim & all,

I stand corrected, I should not have included the term "vapor" in the original post. ( Also sorry for the misspelling of "return" on the original subject line.)

Rotax simply calls it a return line; and, yes, it also solves the old problem of the original non bleed installations where the captive pressure between the fuel pump and carbs could rise drastically with a hot shutdown in the summer resulting in flooding of the carbs in a hot soak situation. Previously I solved this by opening the oil inspection door on the top of the cowl and letting the thing sit for 10 to 15 minutes before trying to start it again when it was really hot in the summer time. That problem used to be compounded if a person had "winter" formulated auto gas in the tanks on a really hot spring day (no need to ask how I am aware of that).

Overall a good improvement for the engine with the orifice and return line. No more hot start embarrassment.
    Last edited by Dave S; 01-31-2022 at 02:40 PM.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN